This is my entry for Papertreyink's WCMD challenge #1: Japan.My Japanese elements: Gold, Shibori design, Cho-Cho (butterfly), Mon (family crest), Sakura flowers
I used the background medallions because they reminded me of Japanese Mon, which is basically a family crest. The medallions are from the first PTI free exclusive anniversary set. To learn how to qualify for one of these sets go here. There's a new set each year.
I made the butterflies with one of my all time favorite PTI sets: Butterfly Kisses
First I made my die cut butterflies, then I stamped various butterflies from the set on them with my Versamark, then embossed with a very light EP, then I glimmer misted them, and then I outlined them with a Krylon gold leafing pen.
I wanted the butterflies to look like Shibori, which is a wonderful Japanese technique much like our tie-dying.
See some fabulous scarves done in the shibori technique here.

Supplies:
Papertreyink: Butterfly Kisses, Anniversary Set 1
Papertreyink cardstock: True Black
Tattered Angels glimmer mist and Stamp Zia color wash
Cuttlebug butterfly die
Versamark
Lindy's Stamp Gang EP: Angel Wings Sapphire
Krylon gold metallic leafing pen
Maya Road chipboard: Cherry Blossoms & Birds
Experiments.....


10 comments:
Amazing techniques! You are so well-rounded!!
What lovely butterflies! Your card is stunning.
Gorgeous!!
Holy cow... It's absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it... I have to check them out! Sorry about outline, but it's my LSS's fault, not me, hehe! I think I have to check out the papertrey website, I heard lots of great things about them.
Aloha! Still stalking you even I'm on vacation. HAHA!
Those are just too pretty, I even love the cast offs :)
These are just gorgeous! I love your techniques.
Wow! This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the butterflies!!! And what a beautiful background you created, Randi!
This card is a real piece of an art!
Very beautiful. How did you do the technique on the second card?
OMGoodness, those butterflies are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing how you did it and thanks so much for telling me those Copic colors yesterday! I really thought I was done and had enough colors but I don't have RV69! Aaagh! :-)Traci
Holy crap!!! Wow Randi..the butterflies are just beautiful...Can I come live with you??? LOL! Xx
Post a Comment