Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm a Daredevil for Whimsical Wednesdays!


I'm happy to announce that I am now a DT member at the DIEDRICH DARE blog! An amazing blog with fun challenges every "Whimsical Wednesday"!!

I am so thrilled to be working with my friend Jessica Diedrich again!! She is such an inspiration! She always has something new and beautiful over at her blog!! And she is such a sweetheart for giving me a fabulous pirate theme for my first appearance!! I've been immersed in pirate-y goodness for the last 48 hours!!

I also get to work with my pal Jacquie again!! And, Heather..finally we get to play together!! ;o) I am so lucky to have the chance to create with some of the most talented gals (and friends) ever! I cannot wait to get to know the rest of the team!! [Sandra you know I'm a big fan of your TGF DT work!]

Check out the rest of "The Daredevils":
{THANKS to ALL of you DDs for the incredibly warm welcome!}

So let's get down to business...join us for this week's challenge:
DIEDRICH DARE #6:
An inspiration challenge with ARRGHHH!


Just create a project using this wonderful pirate treasure map as inspiration!! I know my mind was spinning with ideas as soon as I saw this beautiful map!! Please use DDSC7 for uploading to public galleries.
I hope to see some of you playing along!!!!

Be sure to check out the challenge each Wednesday!! Some weeks there are wonderful prizes, like stamps from one of the sponsors: The Greeting Farm!!

Here's my Daredevil sampler:
Princess Pirates, Fairy Pirates, and Mermaids, cause, ya, girls are pirates, too.
[click any pic for larger view]

Supplies:
The Greeting Farm: Princess Anya
Pirate Hat: Whipper Snapper
Background map: 100 Proof Press
Pirate Compass: Print Works
"Pirate Princess": Rusty Pickle
Copic Markers
Stickles
DP: Rusty Pickle

Supplies:
The Greeting Farm: Best Mates (retired)
X marks the spot: Stampin Up!
Background map: 100 Proof Press
DP: Sasafras, Basic Gray
EK border punch: Threading Water
Copic Markers
Stickles
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Snow Angel, Sugar Cookie

Look Heather...no brown.....

Supplies:
The Greeting Farm: Chloe
Pirate Hat: Whipper Snapper
Background map: 100 Proof Press
"Girls are Pirates Too": Rusty Pickle
DP: Sassafras
EK starfish punch
Copic Markers
Spica glitter pen: Clear
Stickles

Glossy Accents


Supplies:
The Greeting Farm: Mermaid Anya
"Yo Ho Ho!" and Pirate Flag: Print Works
Pirate Ship: Stampin Up!
DP: Memory Box
Copic Markers
Spica glitter pen: Clear, Black

    20 comments:

    ♥Rach♥ said...

    Those are all TOO cool tho I can't pick a fave between the mermaid and the first one. Your colors are wonderful and you're super creative as always.

    RiNNE said...

    O.M.G. I LOVE all your cards! The papers you chose are awesome, Randi! The altering is just wonderful! That hat stamp is too cute & perfect for the TGF ones. I hope to play along!

    P.S. The colors are amazing as well!

    Anonymous said...

    OMGosh Randi, What an amazing selection of cards, all using the same inspiration, really wonderful work. I love them all, i honestly can't pick a favourite they are all so beautiful.
    Thank You for the wonderful inspiration
    Suzi
    xxx

    Cindy Haffner said...

    Oh these are all so cute, super work.

    Cassie said...

    wow.
    was that 4 cards - or 5???? you do love pirates!!
    they are all sooo great - love the little sparklies and other touches you added to make them not so grungy pirate!
    welcome to the team!

    Heather Schlatter said...

    Randi, Randi, Randi,

    Where do I even begin??? Oh my word girl you went out of your way this week!!!! Welcome Welcome Welcome to the Dare Devil team girl I am so excited to finally get to be on a team with you I love your work!!!

    You ROCK Girl!!!!

    I love them all and I really love your coloring I can not even pick a favorite???? Princess Fairy, Mermaid, Best Mates oh my gotta pick my jaw up off the ground now!!!

    Heather

    Jessica Diedrich said...

    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never had time to respond to your email about the "projects" you were working on, but SERIOUSLY?!?!?! These BLOW the SHIP OUTTA THE WATER, MATEY!!!!

    I'm on the phone with Heather right now, OMG'ing over and over again telling her I don't even know what to say b/c these are FREAKIN' AMAZING!!! The princess, fairy and mermaid cards are ALL genius-beautifully colored/laid out and you KNOW I'm a sucker for my sweet lil' best mates! WOW-WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME my friend!!!

    WickedPixie said...

    WOW!! I LOVE all of these!! I can't even pick a favorite - they are all fantastic! :-)Traci

    Judy McMullen said...

    Wow! You really blew the challenge right out of the water!! Fantastic cards!!!

    Tammy said...

    Wow Randi!
    Oh my these are so fun and fantastic.

    Elena said...

    Wow! All of the cards are so cute and fun! Your creativity inspires me, Randi!

    Sandra MacLean said...

    Ummm, Randi.....did ya have to go and make 4 AWESOMELY GREAT cards on your first week with us?!?! Geez girl! Talk about making me feel lousy! LMBO!! ;) No, seriously these are INCREDIBLE!! Seriously incredible. You know what's funny? Your word verification below is vokba....I could use a vodka right about now! LOL

    Danni said...

    Great cards! So creative!

    Kerry said...

    Woohoo!!! Congrats, you daredevil you! :) These are the BEST pirates I ever seen... BRAVO mate!!!

    Rebecca Ednie said...

    OMW! Where to start? 4 cards? whew! Awesome job on them all. I can believe everyone has pirate stamps except me! Hmm... Maybe I need to buy more! Yeah! I love the map background stamp.

    Darla said...

    I'm in awe Randi! Wow...all these awesome Pirate cards. Great job on the pirate challenge. I'm so glad you're on the team. I wasn't able to participate this week, but will be back for next week's challenge. Have a great week!

    Mary Giles said...

    HOLY COW! These are just beyond amazing! Randi you are so crazy talented that you need to be studied. I mean I'm just in awe over all these. Congrats on the DT. Jess knew what she was doing when she picked you.

    Sparkplug17 said...

    Congrats! I love all of your cards. So perfect for the challenge this week.

    Kim R. said...

    Welcome to the team! OMG you are so talented. Look at all these great cards. WOW!! The colors are amazing!

    Claireabelle said...

    These are just aaaaarrrr-mazing! (geddit? LOL) I love your altering too!
    x