Sunday, May 31, 2009

NEW RELEASES JUNE 1ST at The Greeting Farm!


June 1st is NEW RELEASE day over at The Greeting Farm!!

This is Snuggle, one of the 3 new gals being released. How cute is that bunny!!!As always this new line of TGF stamps are such a delight to color!

For the next card I decided to FUN FLOCK that darling bunny!!
I tried to get a good pic, but flocking is difficult to capture on camera.

I find the easiest way to flock something like this, is to use the Sakura Quickie Glue Pen. I just use the pen (like a gel pen tip) to color in the areas to be flocked. Flocking is much like glittering. Pour it on and tap it around to make sure it coats the whole area and then tap the excess off. Important tip: if you are using Copic Markers, always completely color your image first. Then add the flock. Otherwise those teeny fibers will ruin your Copic Marker.

Another tip, is to take a paper clip or a needle and scrap off the areas where the flock might have covered, such as the eyes, which I forgot to do!

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!!




13 comments:

Carisa said...

Sooo sweet! She's my favorite of the new releases for sure.

Cindy Haffner said...

Adoarable, Love the new TGF stamps.

Tammy said...

This is beyone cool! I love the background and the little touches like the staples. Great job!

Angie said...

Randi, these are wonderful cards. Your coloring always leaves me in awe.

Angie said...

Hi Randi,
I couldn't find your email address to reply back to you from the comment you left on my blog so I'm replying here. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Yes, it is the TGF DT that I'm going for and I'm eagerly awaiting the news today! If I don't make it this time, I will try again next time. I love TGF and I will still be using their stamps a ton!

Jessica Diedrich said...

ooooh love your coloring on this. What a sweet, sweet card!

Jacilynn said...

soo cute! I love this image. Great colors. I love your style. I'm such a fan. Your cards look like really cool scrapbook pages.
Gorgeous!

Kerry said...

Holy cow! These are absolutely gorgous!!! Totally rockin' Randi! I need the new release, love the sweet little girl and her cutest bunny!

kadie said...

Oh my gosh! These are PERFECT!! I adore your coloring and layout for the first one. And then second one is so so so sweet too. I love the sparkly socks!

WickedPixie said...

These are super sweet! I want to pat the bunny! :-) Traci

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

suuuper cute.
love how you colored her

Elena said...

This card is so precious! I love this little girl so much!
Thank you for sharing all your very helpful tips!

Maria said...

Oh my goodness, Randi! Your card is adorable and wow, you colored snuggles so beautifully. I love your shading and highlights!! Great choice of colors too!!! They are so pretty together!!

Maria